BEACH & POOL
1. Never leave a child unattended in or near water.
2. Teach children how to swim.
3. Teach children to stay away from drains.
4. Ensure all pools and spas – both in your backyard and any public pool you may visit – have compliant drain covers.
5. Install proper barriers, covers and alarms on and around your pool and spa.
6. Know how to perform CPR on children and adults.
• Collect all bathing materials before starting a bath.
• Always assemble and use a bath seat/ring according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
• The typical water temperature for bathing a baby should be between 90° and 100°F.
• Place the product in the adult tub where baby cannot reach the faucet or spout.
• Do not lift a bath tub or bath seat/ring with the baby in it.
• After running a minimum amount of warm water in the adult tub, carefully place baby into the bath seat/ring.
• If bath seat/ring moves or tips while your baby is in it, discontinue use.
• Infant bath tubs should only be used in a sink, on the floor or in an adult tub. When used in a sink or adult tub, always keep the drain open. Never keep any water in an adult tub when an infant bath tub is being used.
Ignore distractions and NEVER leave your baby unattended during bath time. If you need to leave the bathroom, take the baby with you. Do not rely on older children to watch the baby for you.
• ALWAYS secure the baby by using the restraint straps.
• Don’t hang pocketbooks or shopping bags over the handles.
• Use the locking device to prevent accidental folding.
• Never leave your child unattended in a stroller. Always keep them within view.
• Apply the brakes to limit rotation of the wheels when stroller is stationary.
• Be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions and utilize the specific features to block the leg openings when the stroller is in the fully reclined position.
• When you fold or unfold the stroller, keep the baby’s hands away from the areas that could pinch tiny fingers.
SWINGS AND BOUNCER SEATS
• Always keep baby in eye sight while using products.
• NEVER place on beds, sofas, or other soft surfaces as products can roll over and suffocate a baby.
• ALWAYS secure the straps and never leave a baby in the seat or swing when straps are loose or undone.
• It’s time to stop using your swing once baby becomes too active and is able to climb out of the swing.
• If the toy bar is not intended to be a carry handle do not use it to carry the bouncer.
• Follow the manufacturer’s minimum and maximum weight and age requirements.
• Check for appropriate battery usage and remove batteries before storing for use with your next infant.
Baby’s movements can move an infant seat or swing, so do not place the infant seat on counter tops, tables or other elevated surfaces.
• Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions for both the vehicle and the seat.
• The back seat is the safest place for children younger than 13 to ride. Never place a rear-facing car seat in a seating location with a front air bag unless the air bag can be turned off.
• Always anchor the car seat to the car using the LATCH attachment system or vehicle seat belt exactly as directed by the car seat manufacturer.