Entry and Exit Requirements:
- Are U.S. citizens permitted to enter? [Yes]
- The United States and Mexico entered a joint initiative March 21 restricting non-essential travel along the U.S.-Mexico land border to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Non-essential travel includes travel that is considered tourism or recreational in nature. The restrictions are in place until at least October 21. Please see the Embassy’s fact sheet for more information.
- Travelers entering Mexico by land from the United States may be denied admission if the purpose of their visit is considered non-essential. Travelers should carry evidence of the essential nature of their visit and evidence of their resident status in Mexico, if applicable.
- Mexican immigration (INM) announced October 1 it had the authority to return, fine, or jail foreign travelers who do not comply with sanitary measures, such as樂威壯
wearing masks, participating in health screening, or not traveling with COVID-19 or COVID-19 symptoms at ports of entry and exit, immigration checkpoints throughout Mexico, and immigration stations and offices. Please see the Mexican government’s October 1 announcement for more information.
- Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry? [No]
- Are health screening procedures in place at airports and other ports of entry? [Yes]
- Passengers and aircrew members arriving at Mexican airports may be subject to health screenings including temperature checks.
- Travelers entering Mexico via land may be subject to health screen including temperature checks. Travelers may experience significant delays and face the possibility of being returned to the United States or quarantined in Mexico.
- INM continues to provide law enforcement and public counter services across Mexico. However, due to reduced staffing, members of the public might experience long wait times for routine services. INM recommends monitoring its website and Twitter account for information about its current operating status
- Part of information published in: https://mx.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/covid-19-information/